Veterinary Customer Service Representative
Mulcair vets is a well-established Veterinary practice, operating from two clinics, located in Newport Co Tipperary and Cappamore Co Limerick. We deal with all types of animals with a 70/30 large and companion animals split. We also have a growing retail business and which are focused on developing further. We pride ourselves in the service we provide and the relationships we continue to build with our clients.
The Veterinary Customer Services Representative (CSR) provides the first and last impression of each client’s visit or phone call to our practice. The CSR is responsible for client care, communication, and providing excellent client service at all times. The CSR performs administrative duties related to veterinary care and treatment, processing invoices and payments, handling incoming phone calls, stock control and provides miscellaneous support to the veterinary team dealing with both large and small animal clients. This role will be predominately based in Newport, but may be required to work from the Cappamore office on occasion.
– Maintaining a professional, cheerful, and helpful attitude when interacting with clients.
– Answer incoming telephone calls using professional telephone etiquette, direct calls to other team members as necessary, and handle routine calls, such as scheduling appointments.
– Contact clients to confirm appointments, providing clients with any information or instructions they will need prior to their appointment.
– Welcome clients and patients to the practice, check in patients and provide for client and patient comfort while in the reception area.
– Maintain an effective veterinarian appointment schedule, screening emergencies and prioritising cases that need to be seen.
– Use our PMS system to accurately enter and retrieve records and reports, enter fees and charges, and maintain the database.
– Exercise a technical knowledge of parasite prevention products. Explain and demonstrate products, answer questions concerning products to promote client education and sales.
– Observe and notify clients and vets of upcoming or overdue vaccinations or other treatments due.
– Aid vets in the promotion and maintaining of our healthcare packages.
– Prepare client records according to established protocols in advance of clients’ arrival. Complete required forms and obtain all necessary information. Recognise and note any vaccinations due for the patient.
– Accept and process payments accurately from clients.
– Maintains a professional and welcoming appearance of the front office and shop areas through cleaning and organisation.
– Monitor incoming and outgoing stock, maintaining adequate stock levels.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Demonstrate knowledge of general office practices and procedures, receptionist and telephone techniques;
– Perform administrative work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple line telephone system, handle cash and other forms of payment;
– Learn basic veterinary terminology;
– Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner;
– Demonstrate excellent customer service skills; and basic computer skills, including ability to learn veterinary management software
– Self-motivate to ensure daily tasks and special projects are completed in a timely manner.
– Veterinary nurse or veterinary office experience an advantage but not essential.
Application deadline: 8/8/2021
Expected start date: 6/9/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €19,610.00-€35,783.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday